Abundance Malvern is a part of Malvern Community Forest.
We collect and distribute crops of garden fruit that would go to waste because the owners cannot harvest or use it all themselves. In 2016 we mostly harvested apples; there were some pears, plums, and damsons.
We donate the fruit to:
- organisations that support people who will benefit from a supply of free fruit.
- individuals for their own use
- other community organisations with similar aims to Abundance Malvern.
If there is sufficient abundance, we may preserve some or give it to those who can or make juice / cider.
How you can be involved
- Ask Abundance Malvern to pick your fruit: Please contact us now so that we can visit, learn about what you can offer and, if you're interested, help with maintenance of your trees.
- Attend our social events: We are about community and celebrate the joy of collecting and redistributing abundance. Select here for our events.
- In September and October volunteer to harvest and distribute fruit.
- Share expertise in identification, care and maintenance of trees.
- Join our work group and help Abundance Malvern develop and grow.
select here for all dates of our fruit picking volunteer days
No Abundance Fruit Picking is currently planned